Thursday, August 27, 2020

When I wear a mask in public...


When I wear a mask in public, or decline an invitation to a party or to come inside, I want you to know that:
+ I am educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still give you the virus.
+ No, I don’t “live in fear” of the virus; I just want to be part of the solution, not the problem.
+ I don’t feel like the “government is controlling me;” I feel like I’m being a contributing adult to society.
+ The world doesn’t revolve around me. It’s not all about me and my comfort.
+ If we all could live with other people's consideration in mind, this whole world would be a much better place.
+ Wearing a mask doesn’t make me weak, scared, stupid, or even “controlled.” It makes me considerate.
+ When you think about how you look, how uncomfortable it is, or what others think of you, just imagine someone close to you - a child, a father, a mother, grandparent, aunt, or uncle - choking on a respirator, alone without you or any family member allowed at the bedside.
+ Ask yourself if it was worth the risk?
+ Wearing a mask is not political.
Stay home.. it's not safe to socialize yet even at your friend's house.

No comments: